Friday, February 19, 2010

Can I achieve this?

Ok so I've had this blog for a while now and haven't even managed one entry! So here goes... I'm hoping doing this will help me develop the skills to enable me to express myself a lot easier! I'm sitting here all alone, TOH is at golf, my daughter is still in bed, what to write about. Suppose it would be beneficial to have an exciting life but alas mine is rather mundane. Take yesterday, for example, it was a rather exciting day in my less than eventful life. I was invited to my SIL's place for morning tea along with 3 other nice young ladies. We had a lovely morning filled with chat, mainly about children! Following this my SIL and I enjoyed a lovely lunch together, my niece was very gracious and slept through it all. I felt rather guilty afterwards as I indulged in a huge iced chocolate, no good for losing those kilos in time for my brother's wedding in which I am a bridesmaid! Oh well back on the horse today, hopefully. The weekends pose a greater problem than the weekdays for me. Too many temptations arise over the weekends such as meals out, the lure of fast food as opposed to cooking and children hanging around eating delicious chocolates etc.



This takes me to last week. I had dieted and exercised hard for a month to lose the grand total of 3kgs. It didn't exactly feel like a great loss considering the amount of effort I put into the whole process. I had 2 reasons for desperately needing to lose weight. The first being a long anticipated trip to Sydney to see my heroes (well 2 of them), the hosts of Top Gear. I knew the high speed pace of the 2 days (and I'm not referring to the cars) would be grueling especially with extra weight to lug around. We needed to catch a flight at about 3pm on the Thursday afternoon, arriving in Sydney at about 4pm. From the airport we were required to navigate our way to Olympic Park. On the map it deceptively looked not too far but requiring 3 different trains. It ended up being much more enduring than expected considering Sydney put a glorious day of 36 degree Celsius with very high humidity for us. We hadn't counted on the number of stairs we would encounter. Then it was back home the following day. It was a relief that I had been able to shed those 3kgs in the end. Anyhow back onto the point I was making. Two days in Sydney (including my birthday) plus the weekend and I had put on 0.7kg! Why on Earth is it so hard to lose and so bloody easy to put on? It's a conspiracy I tell you. I must have the slowest metabolism known to man. It's slower than James May in a Top Gear challenge! Am I doomed to be overweight forever? Now this is a vicious cycle, you put on weight you become despondent and turn to food once again and end up ballooning to a all new high.



Oh God I'm off for a cream doughnut or something with a similar calorie count! See ya later 10kgs heavier....

1 comment:

  1. Hello my best friend :) Wooo hooo welcome to the blogging world. I look forward to reading whatever you care to share. I find blogging is a great outlet for all of those pent-up feelings and angsts that we really can't discuss with those around us.

    I am proud of you for the weight that you have already lost...and good luck with achieving whatever size you desire to be.

    I have decided that for now I am happy with my size 18 body. Life is too short to be constantly stressed out about food.

    I love food - food loves me :) but at a size 18 I don't gain and I don't lose with whatever I consume (if that makes sense?)

    I find when I am dieting... I tend to obsess over food - its all I ever think about - food food food.... cakes... sweets... fatty burgers etc.

    The stupid thing is in day to day life when I am not officially dieting I rarely (if ever) consume these things...

    I take skim milk over full cream any day as I can literally taste the fat... I drink diet drinks... and I eat reasonably healthily... I indulge in whatever takes my fancy and I don't feel guilty over it...but I also really don't crave these things when I am not dieting.

    Anyway honey - upload some cross stitch progress pics and come join a lovely support network with me and my blogging friends.

    Stitchingbloggers@yahoogroups.com

    Tell Cindy that I sent you :)

    Look forward to reading your next post

    love you

    Char xxx

    ReplyDelete